Sunday, February 12, 2006

Epic Journey

Mammoth bike ride yesterday, or so I thought... I grew up in the Burton-on-Trent area, and used to go on bike rides with my friends. We used to travel for miles and miles, and it was usually me who complained about tired legs and a numb bum!

I decided it was a nice enough day for a really long bike ride yesterday and set off. Man! It was freezing, and my hands were like blocks of solid ice by the time I had reached the bottom of the hill near the old Bretby hospital! Anyway, I was really impressed by some of the views:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mikeandrachel/bike1.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mikeandrachel/bike2.jpg

And I even managed to get an arty snap too:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mikeandrachel/bike3.jpg

Imagine my confusion when this biepic, multi-county, almost marathon bike ride was completed, with me having made a cup of tea at home within the hour! It was a most refreshing ride, and I saw places in a new light from when I was a spotty teenager, but being a rather larger chap it didn't seem even a quarter as far.

So, I got home and read some Pharmacology. But lo and behold if Rachel doesn't suggest that I crack on with the DIY in the bathroom. Good plan, except the furniture is from IKEA, and has those lovely pictorial instructions. I found myself peeling glue from the back of the circular mirror wondering 'as if this isn't complicated enough, I have to use some sort of superhuman powers to remove the world's most powerful adhesive - all so the glass was central on the cardboard packaging!'

Anyway, it looks great now, and at least I can look forward to some peace and quiet - oops, silly me, apparently it's the Kitchen next! I think I'll stick with revision, it's no where near as difficult as IKEA and MFI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home